On February 12 at 9 p.m. EST (6 p.m. PST) — Mass Cast On begins when the 2010 Winter Olympics Opening Ceremonies begin! Challenge yourself to finish one or more projects by the time the Games close on February 28.
Team Wool-Aid will have two Ravelympics campaigns that we encourage you to join – (1) a Wool-Aid Ravelympics 2010 Sock Campaign and (2) a Wool-Aid Ravelympics 2010 Vest Campaign.
For these two campaigns we will be rolling out exclusive designs from some of our very own Wool-Aid member-designers. Both designs are being created especially with the requirements of our Wool-Aid campaigns in mind – in worsted, aran, and/or bulky weight yarn:
Cozy Toes socks by Christiane Burkhard
Keep Me Warm Vest by Donna Stypczynski and Jackie Lambert
Events for Which Your Projects Are Likely to Qualify
- Charity Curling eventcharity (Projects for charity)
- Sock Hockey eventsockhockey (All things socks and slippers)
- Sweaterboard Cross eventsweaterboard (All forms of sweaters, vests, cardis, pullovers, boleros)
- Single Skein Speed Skate eventspeedskate (Projects of just one skein/hank)
- Giant Slalom-ghan eventgiantslalomghan (Afghan, blankets, throws)
- Junior Olympics eventjunior (Kids, baby garments, accessories toys have their own event)
- Mittens Moguls eventmittenmoguls (Mittens, gloves, anything that covers hands/wrists/arms)
- Stash Compulsory Dance eventstashdance (Use of long-neglected stash purchased at least 1 year ago)
- SnowCross eventsnowcross (Projects that combine knitting, crochet, needle-felting, embroidery, sewing …; minimum of 2 crafts combined together)
- WIPs-Dancing eventwipsdancing (WIPs/UFOs and only these; Projects not touched since Jan 12th)
The Ravelympics is all about personal challenges as well as team challenges, so whatever challenge you’ve set for yourself, we’ll be encouraging each other all the way to the finish on February 28!
Go Team Wool-Aid!